Sometimes you just need to slow down. Sometimes you don't have a choice in the matter. After our weekend of showers we flew back to Memphis early Monday morning (September 17). When we got back into town Matt went to work, and I hopped into his car to head home and rest. It was pouring rain and a few miles down the highway from his work someone rear ended me. Thank God we were slowing down because of another wreck so the impact wasn't terrible. It took me awhile to even comprehend what had just happened. As I started pulling off the highway I started sobbing uncontrollably and shaking. All I could think about was Baby Will and if he was okay. I finally calmed myself enough to find my phone and call Matt. He left work immediately and came to sit with me while we waited on the cops. After everything was taken care of with the wreck I called the doctor's office. My doctor wasn't in and neither was the ultrasound tech so they had me go to the hospital to get an ultrasound and make sure everything was okay.
We were quickly taken to a room and had an ultrasound. Baby Will was completely fine! He was putting on quite the show which quickly calmed our shaken nerves. The tech said he was quite the overachiever. We even got to see him practice breathing! After the ultrasound the nurse said the doctor just wanted to keep me for a few hours to monitor Will and me. Unfortunately, I started having some contractions. They were most likely due to not eating for awhile and the stress of the wreck. They quickly started an IV (I didn't even cry!) and gave me a lot of fluids. After that I had to have two shots to stop the contractions. Luckily we were able to stop the contractions, but I had to stay in the hospital overnight to be monitored.
Of course, Matt had to fly to Switzerland the next day for work! While Matt went home to pack sweet Parker came to keep me company at the hospital, and my mom and Sarah hopped in the car to drive to Memphis. Matt spent the night in the hospital with me. In the morning he went to get my mom and Sarah from the house so they could help me when I got discharged.
I am so lucky for so many reasons. I'm so thankful that God kept us safe during the accident, and that my friends and family are amazing. My mom ended up staying the whole 11 days that Matt was gone to help take care of me and make sure I was resting. It was great to have so much time with my mom.
And now I'm crying. So glad you and Will are OK.
ReplyDelete