A year ago today, we found out I was pregnant!! I woke up that morning after having a crazy dream about being pregnant. I knew I would think about that dream all day if I didn't confirm that it was false. Earlier that month we had been referred to a specialist that we couldn't see until May so I had pretty much given up hope. Much to my surprise the result on my pregnancy test was a faint positive! It took me a little while to tell Matt. I was just in disbelief. I was so used to seeing negatives. I finally gave in and told Matt. He said try not to think about it and after work go buy some more tests and take another one. What?? Don't think about?? You better believe that was all I could think of the entire day!! That afternoon I was armed with a digital test...no way to read that wrong! I called Matt while he was still at work and said: "When are you coming home? It's positive. I think I'm pregnant!".
The next morning I took another...because who doesn't need three positive pregnancy tests before they call the doctor? I called the doctor's office that morning and went in for blood work that afternoon. After my blood work, I was heating up my lunch at work and set off the fire alarm from heating my taco shell too long!! My boss came up behind me while I was texting Matt about the baby, and I panicked and wasn't paying a bit of attention to that taco shell until the microwave filled with smoke!! The firefighters came...Oh February 29, thank goodness you don't come every year!! The next afternoon it was confirmed from blood work: PREGNANT!!
I think God just knew that we were ready for our baby.
What a year it has been! We feel so blessed to have our sweet Baby Will!
No comments:
Post a Comment