This Mother's Day is so special! I feel so blessed and honored to be Will's mother. He teaches me about patience and love daily. I just can't imagine my life without him. He melts my heart when he reaches for me, stares up at me with those big blue eyes, and laughs that belly laugh.
Motherhood has definitely changed me as a person. Most of all my relationship with God has been strengthened. I am learning that some days are better than others. Getting frustrated or being tired doesn't make me a bad mother...it makes me a human. Will loves me even if I'm not perfect and get frustrated. There are definitely ups and downs during the day, but I wouldn't change a thing. Will loves me whether I'm being goofy and dancing to silly songs with him or crying because I'm exhausted and can't put his diaper on right. I'm cherishing every moment with him...even the ones in the middle of the night.
I also realize even more how amazing my mother has always been. She is always there for us. She is continually supporting us and cheering us on. She's there for the smiles and the tears. I would not be the person, nor the mother, that I am today if it wasn't for her. I love you so much mom.
I also am so thankful for Matt's mother, Mary. She raised an amazing son. I'm so lucky to have Matt as my best friend and anchor.
Will and Me
2012
My Mom and Me
1985
Mary, Her Mother, and Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment