11.22.2013

Will's First Birthday Party: Tailgate Decorations

I started this post almost two weeks ago! Little man has been boycotting long naps!

Matt and I put a lot of time into working on decorations for Will's First Birthday Party. I've known the theme for his party since I was pregnant with him. A little boy born during football season...of course he will have a Clemson tailgating party for his first birthday! Since we just happen to be Clemson fans we already had a lot of the decorations and serving platters on hand. That didn't stop us from adding a few things!


 I found a lot of ideas on Pinterest (oh how I love you and hate you at the same time). Matt spray painted and put together the goal post. The football field was a labor of love, but we love how it turned out! I used scrapbook paper to make the cardboard letters festive.


We had a simple, kid-friendly spread. This is pre-pizza delivery. We had pizza hut hut ;)




We chose this book as a guest book for family and friends to leave a note in for Will. It is hilarious!!






I decided to be brave and make his smash cake. I'm really happy with the results!


I found these cute cards on Pinterest via worthyoftheprize.





I also decided to make the cookies. They were delicious!!



I made the GIFTS banner, and I found the football subway art here.


We chose our favorite picture from each month and displayed them. 


Will had an amazing first birthday party with family, friends, and a lot of fun!! Oh, and our Tigers won that day! :)

Photo Credit (all except bottom photo): Jennifer from Pea Pie Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment