7.11.2014

Sweet Duke

This has been a very tough week for our family. There have been a lot of tears shed and a lot of chocolate consumed. Sunday we started noticing that Duke was not himself. He wasn't eating and was very lethargic. There was no change Monday morning so I made him an appointment at the vet's office. I was praying it was just a virus, but deep down I knew it was probably worse. After some blood work, a call from the vet, and a diagnosis (ketoacidosis) my fears were confirmed. I called Matt, and he immediately came home. We had to make a really tough decision. That afternoon we had to go to the vet and put Duke to sleep. It was heart breaking.

Duke was such an amazing cat. He always knew when you needed snuggles. He wasn't clingy like Daisy, but he liked to be near. He was always rubbing up against our legs in the kitchen, hanging out in the bathroom during Will's baths, and sitting outside the gate to Will's room during story time at night. We miss him so much. I always called him my protector. If he heard a weird noise he would perk up and even let out a low growl sometimes. When Will came along he continued to be our brave protector.  We love you Dukers.


The day we brought Duke home.









7.7.14

No comments:

Post a Comment