Our move from Memphis felt very fast and bittersweet. If you would have told me five years ago that I would be sad when we left Memphis I would have laughed in your face. It took awhile, but we slowly made Memphis our home. We bought our first house, fell in love with our church, made a great group of friends, and grew our family by two!
It was so weird to leave our house. I kept feeling like we were just going on vacation. Our house holds so many precious memories. If the walls could talk I know they would talk about parties, karaoke nights, long sleepless nights in the nurseries, and one crazy, sweet little family.
I think the hardest part about leaving Memphis for us was leaving without our sweet Duke.
We are really excited about our new journey and our new city. I'm sure we will grow to love it quickly and find new parks, places to explore, and delicious bake shops (I miss Muddy's soooo much!).
One day I'm sure we'll return to Memphis and show Will and Ellie where they were born. Until then...see ya later Memphis!
No comments:
Post a Comment